Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Glary Utilities is in the Top Drawer of my Toolbox


Like Indiana Jones picking the correct Holy Grail in the movie Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade I downloaded Glary Utilities from their website. With all of the scam programs out there for supposedly optimizing your computer it was refreshing to find this jewel amongst the turds. I had never heard of Glary utilities until I saw it listed in an Article on Yahoo of things you could do to speed up your computer and since it had already been given a thumbs up by Yahoo, I decided I should give it a try and see what it could do, and I'm glad I did.

Glary Utilities is a professional FREE Windows program that reminds me a lot of Norton Utilities without $49 price tag. Not only does it provide a 1 click Maintenance to spruce up your computer, it also includes a whole suite of functions to help you optimize your system.

The 1 click Maintenance provides:

  • Registry Cleaner
  • Shortcuts Fixer
  • Startup Manager (cleans dangerous entries)
  • Temporary Files Cleaner
  • Spyware Remover
  • Tracks Eraser
Each of these features can turned on or off by checking a box next to the feature, you then click Scan for Issues and the software goes to town. After it's done scanning it gives you options for fixing problems so you have control over what is performed.

1 Click Maintenance is only one of the features of this fantastic program. Under the modules tab is a plethora of options allowing you full control, here is what you get:

Under the Modules Tab you find:

  • Clean up and Repair
    • Disk Cleaner, Registry Cleaner, Shortcuts Fixer, Uninstall Manager
  • Optimize and Improve
    • Startup Manager, Memory Optimizer, Content Menu Manager, Registry Defrag
  • Privacy and Security
    • Tracks Eraser, File Shredder, File Undelete, File Encrypter and Decrypter
  • Files and Folders
    • Disk Analysis, Duplications File Finder, Empty Folders Finders, File Splitter and Joiner
  • System Tools
    • Process Manager, Internet Explorer Assistant, System Information, Windows Standard Tools
Under the Menus Tab you find:

  • Restore Center
  • Help
  • FAQs
  • Settings
  • Skins (To change the look)
Quite frankly I've never seen such a complete easy to use, all in one, and FREE utility. If you would like to automate some of these functions you can purchase the Pro version for $27.97 (at the time of this review.) This is a great example of using FREE to get a large user base and offering a version with scheduling for a fee. Glary Utilities is one of my favorite tools in my tool box you should check it out. You can get your free copy by clicking here to visit their website.

Dan LaFollette

4 comments:

  1. I think I may give this a try on my netbook which suddenly started running r-e-a-l-l-y slow a few weeks back. I've run Malware Bytes on it and it comes up clean. I'm a tech noob so I have no idea what I'm doing. If it's free and safe, I'll try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may want to try running disk defragmentor, it can be found under accessories then system tools when you click on all files. It's basically in the same place on all versions of windows. I hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I'll try that!

    Wanderlust (blogger comments is messing up again! We're all anonymous)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog. Such a your blog providing great information for me. It is informative post for me.

    Android Application Development

    ReplyDelete