Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Microsoft Free Antivirus is the #1 used.

According to OPSWAT an industry leader in software management SDKs, of the Free antivirus solutions Microsoft Security Essentials has pulled ahead in the free antivirus software game.

Microsoft Security Essentials has a 10.22% market share followed by Avast at 9.34% and AVG at 9.24%
I’ve started protecting all of my own computers with Microsoft’s offering mainly because it seamlessly works with Windows, updates easily, and doesn’t bug me with nag screen. It also helps that it works just as well as the others.

Yes, it does smack of the not so good ole days when Microsoft started making Internet Explorer part of their operating system, but I must admit that I like their antivirus software. Microsoft has been putting out some fairly nice Free software lately that they don’t really advertise.

I think Microsoft is trying to re-invent themselves on the consumer side of things, which is changing fast and not in a way that Microsoft is accustom to. They simply have to innovate quickly or end up only being significant in the business world. It will be interesting to see what Microsoft does in the next couple of years.

Dan

5 comments:

  1. Great post they simply have to innovate quickly or end up only being significant in the business world..
    Thanks for post..
    CRM tools

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dan..Nice blog you have here. On my side I never used any Microsoft anti virus software, always avast. But thanks for your review, I think I'll give it a shot, by the way, its free.

    Custumize Desktop

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dr. P, Microsoft Security Essentials works only geniune microsoft os that why everyone can't be used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like every Microsoft products. Microsoft is a best company. I using avat anti virus software. It is best for me. I like your post.

    Mobile Application Development

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also use Microsoft products. Nice information, many thanks to the author. It is incomprehensible to me now, but in general, the usefulness and significance is overwhelming.
    Android Application Development

    ReplyDelete